2021-2022 Registration Information
The People’s Music School (TPMS) has provided tuition-free, after-school instruction to thousands of Chicagoland children over the last 45 years. Through it all, we remain a community that is resilient, proud, grateful, excellent, and beautiful. We’re proud to announce our plans for the 2021-2022 school year below (scroll down for the full details!)
KEY DATESNew Students (Open Registration)
- Submit a Registration Form for each student you want to register for the lottery by August 1st .
- VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE: Join us on Zoom to learn more about our programs and how to register your child for the Fall!Current Students + Siblings of Current Students
- All Siblings will be notified of their enrollment by the date of the first lottery on August 9.
- All current TPMS students will automatically be re-enrolled for the 2022 school year. Current students must also attend one of the Family Town Halls listed below.
New Student Registration:
The People’s Music School selects students through a lottery drawing, which will be held on August 9 and shared on our Facebook page. The number of available spots per age varies from year to year. Students who are not selected for enrollment through the lottery drawing will automatically be placed on our waiting list. Registration will close on August 1. – The lottery drawing is closed to the public, but will be made available on the TPMS Facebook page afterwards. Additional lotteries may be added if necessary.
All families will be notified via email within 24 hours of the lottery via email with a Zoom link to the required Family Meetings (listed below). Students who are not selected in the lottery will automatically be placed on a wait list. If your child is selected in the lottery, you must attend one of the Family Meetings below to confirm your child’s enrollment. Families who do not attend the Family Meetings will not have their child enrolled in the program.
- Enrollment Family Meeting – Wednesday, August 18: English: 6pm, Spanish: 7pm
- Enrollment Family Meeting – Thursday, August 19: English: 6pm, Spanish 7pm
- Enrollment Family Meeting – Friday, August 20: Bilingual: 10am
Families will receive an invitation to the meetings if their child is selected in the lottery via email.
If you have any questions about the registration process, please email Kelly Dennis at email@example.com.
Sibling Registration (siblings of current TPMS students ONLY):
Families who do not turn in Sibling Registration Form by June 1 will have to go through the normal lottery drawing process later in the summer. Accepted students will be contacted via email after the first lottery on August 9.
Re-Enrollment (current TPMS students only):
All current TPMS students will automatically be re-enrolled for the 2022 school year. Current students must also attend one of the Family Town Halls listed below.
Re-Enrollment FAQs and Important Dates:
All current students are automatically re-enrolled for the 2022 school year.
- Student Schedules will be distributed in early September via email.
- The first day of the semester for returning students is September 13.
- Returning Family Meetings: Zoom Link / passcode: tpms
- Wednesday, September 1: English: 6pm, Spanish: 7pm
- Thursday, September 2: English: 6pm, Spanish: 7pm
- Friday, September 3: Bilingual, 10am