Music Matters: A Sensory-Friendly Community Event
Join us for the first in our series of sensory friendly events as part of our Music Therapy Program. This free event is designed for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and sensory processing differences who want to make music in a comfortable and accepting environment.
We’ll supply the drums and your child will supply the creative energy. No previous musical knowledge necessary. Let’s join together, make some music, and connect. All are welcome!!
Sensory Friendly Accommodations:
- Reduction of loud or jarring noises
- Lights will remain on during the performance
- Audience members are free to wiggle, sing, shout, and move
- Extra staff and volunteer support
- Designated “Take a Break Space”
- Special assistance or buffer seat if needed
Where: The People’s Music School, Uptown Academy
931 W. Eastwood Ave.
When: Saturday, November 8th at 10:30 am
Space is limited so please RSVP to Eric Ross, MT-BC, at firstname.lastname@example.org